Careers at Group14 Engineering
Group14 Engineering consults on energy and resource efficiency solutions for the built environment. Our clients include owners, developers, architects, and mechanical design firms. The majority of our work is in Colorado, including office buildings, schools, grocery stores, hotels, multi-family projects, and laboratories.
Group14 offers a relaxed learning environment to expand your building energy / engineering skills, and a comfortable office atmosphere. As a small office, we seek applicants who are strongly team oriented with interest in collaboration of ideas to find working solutions.
We are seeking people with a strong technical background in commercial buildings and a motivation for helping projects achieve high energy efficiency.
*** If you are a transitioning Service Member or a disabled Veteran and are applying for a job with Group14 Engineering, we would like to ensure your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need additional assistance, information or answers to your questions, feel free to contact Maria Chavez at email@example.com or 720-221-1076. ***
We are currently hiring for these positions:
We are hiring a self-motivated, creative, and experienced Commissioning Agent with excellent technical, project management, and written & verbal communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency, customer service and a responsible work ethic.
- Five years experience in commissioning, operating and/or maintaining HVAC systems and DDC Control Systems in large multi-faceted facilities (or 10 years experience in mechanical design and field review for buildings)
- Strong practical background of commercial buildings M&E, DDC controls and HVAC for energy efficiency and operational efficacy needed
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products
- University degree or college diploma in mechanical engineering, building systems sciences, or related field preferable
- Provide full LEED commissioning services on energy efficient and sustainable buildings
- Prepare commissioning documentation, review building designs for energy efficiency and LEED requirements and implement building commissioning plans
- Travel to sites throughout Colorado, and occasionally in other U.S. locations
- Perform site inspections, functional testing and trend data analysis to ensure that installed equipment meets the design intent, installation is maintainable, and clients’ expectations are met
- Work with contractors, clients, consulting engineers, architects, and their representatives
- Work will include both documentation in the office and field testing Minimum of 3 years of management/ leadership experience in architectural engineering field, preferably in a small business setting
Building Energy Engineer
We are hiring a self-motivated, creative, and experienced Building Energy Engineer with excellent technical, project management, and written & verbal communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency, customer service and a responsible work ethic.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in energy modeling of commercial buildings for LEED
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical, electrical, or architectural engineering (PE is preferred, but EIT is acceptable) and LEED accreditation
- Proficiency in performing building energy simulation and analyzing results with tools such as DOE2 (eQuest), EnergyPlus, IES, Ecotect, and RETScreen
- Experience managing projects
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products, especially spreadsheet and word processing tools
- As part of the design team, analyze effectiveness and provide input on energy conservation and renewable energy strategies, and make recommendations for cost effective improvements
- Develop computer modeling of energy, daylighting and thermal performance of buildings and building assemblies, and communicate analysis results in written reports
- Coordinate the energy analysis process with architectural design teams, and update energy simulations as the design progresses
- Perform ASHRAE 62 calculations for outdoor air requirements
- Prepare modeling reports and calculations for LEED submissions
- Review design documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings) as they are developed to ensure that the intended energy efficiency measures are being incorporated into the design
- Design and execute monitoring plans to analyze the performance of new and existing buildings
- Knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics and building systems (e.g. HVAC and lighting) field, preferably in a small business setting
Submitting Your Qualifications
Please include the following in your correspondence:
A. A cover letter that includes:
- An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally.
- A description of your activities in the sustainable green building movement.
- The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the Group14 team.
B. Your resume.
C. A writing sample.
D. Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding of you and your work.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Maria Chavez at mchavez@Group14eng.com.
Successful applicants will be called to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled which will include a writing test and demonstration of computer proficiency.