Group14 Engineering is seeking a Building Enclosure Consultant. This is a hybrid position; you can work from the office and home after you’ve completed onboarding in the office for the first several months. Applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
● 4+ years of relevant experience in the design and/or construction of building enclosure systems
● Experience with the design, construction, and consultation of building enclosure systems including
waterproofing, air/water/thermal/vapor barrier, claddings, fenestration, and roofing
● Exhibits excellent organizational skills and effective time management
● Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
● Undergraduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
● Familiarity with THERM, WUFI, ASHRAE 160, and/or other hygrothermal modeling and standards
● Registered Architect, Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT) is a plus
● Assist with the technical review of building enclosure-related documents, drawings and specifications
● Recommend best practices for enclosure systems, including waterproofing, air/vapor barriers, thermal barriers and cladding
● Provide construction administration services related to building enclosure systems, including the review of submittals and shop drawings, development of RFI responses, evaluation of change order requests and value engineering options, and assisting with coordination among the design and construction team
● Conduct field observations and prepare field reports on the status of installations and noted deficiencies for building enclosure systems. Including oversight of field testing by testing agencies
● Provide hands-on field support and perform blower air leakage testing (ASTM E779), water leakage testing (ASTM E1105, AAMA 501.2), and other enclosure performance tests
● Collaborate and work with client and their team
Founded in 1992 and based in Denver, Colorado, Group14 is a 60-person consulting firm committed to improving the energy and resource efficiency of the built environment. When you join Group14, you become part of an employee-first company focused on making an impact in the communities we serve; building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce; and supporting employees advance their careers.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
Please submit 1) Cover letter, 2) Resume, and 3) Writing sample to email@example.com. Include “Building Enclosure Consultant” in the subject line.
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Therefore, our policy is to provide equal opportunity to both job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of hiring and employment, including, but not limited to selection, training, promotion, termination, transfer, compensation and promotion.