Group14 Engineering, PBC is a 48-person engineering consulting firm committed to improving the energy, resource efficiency and health effects of the built environment. We provide building certification consulting, commissioning, energy modeling and existing building services.
We are focused on providing a workplace culture that fosters excellent work while maintaining a work-life balance. We embrace diversity and inclusion and we strive to provide an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We are committed to ensuring that our company includes a wide range of experiences, perspectives, and skills to provide better solutions, drive innovation and creativity, and enhance decision making. We are a Certified B Corporation and Just Organization. We have been recognized as “Best for the World” by B Lab for Overall, Governance and Environment. Our LEED Platinum office is located east of downtown Denver in the historic Uptown neighborhood.
We are hiring a self-motivated and creative Building Enclosure Consultant with excellent technical as well as written and verbal communication skills to provide building enclosure consulting services during critical design, pre-construction, and construction phase enclosure tasks, including design review, local energy code compliance, construction monitoring and administration, and corresponding with project teams, owners, and contractors. Our projects include laboratories, higher education and K-12, healthcare, office, and recreation facilities, among many others. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency and customer service, a responsible work ethic, and the ability to coordinate amongst a diverse array of team members.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the design and/or construction of building enclosure systems
- Experience with building enclosure systems, including waterproofing, air/water/thermal/vapor barriers, claddings, fenestration, and roofing
- General understanding of building science and the ability to apply knowledge to new and existing construction in varied climate zones, including heat, air, and moisture transfer within building enclosure assemblies; design and construction of building enclosures; and evaluation of building performance
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel outside the Denver metro area (overnight to conduct work) up to 20% of the time.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related
- Familiarity with THERM, WUFI, and/or other hygrothermal modeling programs
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, excellent organization, and effective time management skills
- Experience with business development
- Registered Architect, Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT) with the intent to pursue a PE is a plus
- Previous experience conducting or overseeing field testing including ASTM E779, E1105, AAMA 501.1, 501.2, etc.
- Commissioning experience and commissioning certifications are a plus
- OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour Certification
- Assist with the technical review of building enclosure-related project documents, including drawings and specifications, throughout the design process, from schematic design to CDs.
- Recommend best practices to the design and construction team for enclosure systems, including waterproofing, air/vapor barriers, thermal barriers and cladding.
- Develop and/or provide input on the building enclosure basis-of-design, owner project requirements, BECx and building enclosure testing specifications, commissioning plan, and other relevant documents.
- Participate in design and construction meetings related to building enclosure systems and provide ongoing support to the entire project team.
- Provide construction administration services related to building enclosure systems, including the review of submittals and shop drawings, development of RFI responses, evaluation of change order requests and value engineering options, and assisting with coordination among the design and construction team.
- Prepare and review installation verification (prefunctional) checklists for building enclosure systems.
- Conduct field observations and prepare field reports on the status of installations and noted deficiencies for building enclosure systems.
- Provide hands-on field support and perform whole-building air leakage testing.
- Coordinate with building enclosure testing agencies to oversee field testing.
- Collaborate and work with clients, design team, contractors, and their representatives.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
- Salary range: $70,000-$90,000
- Annual bonuses
- Retirement plan with socially responsible investment options and company match
- Health insurance and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Family leave
- 10-paid holidays, plus paid personal-time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Alternative transportation payment (e.g. get paid to ride your bike, walk, etc.)
- Flexible schedules
- Annual education stipend and professional memberships
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Charitable giving policy
Please include the following in your correspondence:
- A cover letter that includes:
- An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally.
- The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the Group14 team.
- Your resume.
- A writing sample.
- Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding of you and your work.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Maria Pinon, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Building Enclosure Consultant” in the subject line. Successful applicants will be called to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled.
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. It is therefore our policy and practice to provide equal opportunity to all job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.